Friday 21 November 2014

My new project...Field and Forage!

At last I can reveal my secret project - Field and Forage. theres been lots of planning and developing and meetings going on but finally I can share it!

About three years ago I met Charlotte, who like me is mad about delicious food, local and seasonal produce, be it from the harvest or the hedgerow. Unlike me, Charlotte has a beef herd that she and her lovely husband and children have been working hard to ensure is the best that it can be. Manor Farm Beef was born and they run a very successful beef business, not surprisingly as the beef they rear is delicious (apologies to my veggie and vegan friends!)


Char and her family produce biltong and for a quite a while now have been selling mouthwateringly amazing hot pulled beef sandwiches - that's where I come in...



together we are developing the catering business, catering events, private parties etc. I've been bursting to blog about the business in development but it didn't feel right to till now.



So many exciting things have been happening over the past few weeks - we've met with a brand and logo designer, we've launched on twitter, registered a web domain and facebook page - all getting ready to launch. We've met with an events company and...



we have our first event in the diary!

Driffield Christmas lights switch on (4-8pm) 4th December, will see Field and Forage on their first official outing. We have some promo materials to hand out on the night but our official logo and materials won't be unveiled till just before Christmas.

You can follow our progress on twitter as Field and Forage and I can write about our adventures here now too - my secret love's no secret any more!


18 comments:

  1. Many congratulations! I wish Field & Forage lots of succes.
    Best regards,
    Gerda (The Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gerda - amazing to have good wishes sent from the Netherlands!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Definitely! if youre around on the 4th come and join us in Driffield? We'll have horseradish for traditionalists and a special spicy Christmas ketchup for the adventurous! ( and if you count the bread as a HE its quite SW friendly!)

      Delete
  3. OO - this sounds like an exciting venture - good luck with it all -hope it goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine - It is soooo exciting. I'm finding it hard to concentrate on anything else!

      Delete
  4. Good Luck with the new adventure. I hope that it is very successful.

    By the way I am glad that somewhere waits 'til Decembet before switching in their lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - you'd despair at my children then Sue, they ask me every morning when we're putting the tree up!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your new journey!!!!

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Velva - a new journey is exactly how it feels!

      Delete
  6. So exciting! Congratulations on the new venture. If you need any pearls of wisdom from an event organiser feel free to get in touch xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dom - I'm going to take you up on that over the coming months. we're coming down to borough market after Christmas on a bit of a research recce - we should catch up for a cocktail and have a natter!

      Delete
  7. Oh, how very exciting. Great name. I do hope it goes fantastically well for you. Look forward to finding out how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Choclette - Im so glad you like the name - whilst the hot beef sandwich is our core product a lot of our accompaniments are foraged foods - hence Field and Forage!

      Delete
  8. How exciting. Good luck, I hope it's a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo - perhaps we'll see you at one of our events!

      Delete
  9. What a great idea... sending lots of good wishes for all the work that you must be putting into this at the moment. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!How exciting to venture into something new.

    ReplyDelete

I lovelovelove your comments and I read everyone. I might not always get round to replying but I will try my best to...girlguide promise x